INTENSIVE LEARNING PROGRAM
Starting at $70/Month, enrolling now!!
Demanding, challenging, interesting work at the studentís own level
AN AMAZING OFFER!KING LEARNING CENTER IS STARTING ONCE-A-WEEK
HIGH QUALITY LEARNING PROGRAMS.
THIS RATE IS FOR A LIMITED NUMBER OF ENROLMENTS ONLY.
The student attends a one-hour session at our learning center, and goes home with high-impact homework for the whole week. This learning program is based on sound educational principles, based on effectiveness of learning and application, as opposed to superficial work. We incorporate many methods used by nations whose students rank academically highest worldwide.
* Levels: Grade catered to: 1 to 8
* Programs: Two subject-programs offered separately:
1) Language: English Program
2) Mathematics Program
* Time: Friday Evening, Saturday morning.
* Duration: One program at each level comprises 40 or more weekly units. If the student is capable, a program can be compressed by taking double units per week, for which the tuition-rate will be double.
* Tuition: $70 per month per program. This discounted rate is offered now, but is available for a strictly limited number of seats. Enrolment-rate of tuition maintained for 1 year. Enrollment fee $20 per program, but is waived for the discount offer. No hidden additional fees. A student can select more than one program.
* Components of a unit of the programs:
a) One 1-hour in class session per week, featuring class-test, feedback on the test, checking completion of previous work, and if completed student introduced to new work packet, if performance not satisfactory, repeat or remedial work.
b) Do-at-home packet consisting of instruction, various rich exercise work.
* Features of the Programs
Features and their components are introduced at appropriate levels, and used at suitable stages during the program. Word and contextual cues are used with minimal dependence on graphic representation; this is purposely done in order to develop the studentís skills with verbal cues.
a) Mathematics Features: Topics broken up into learning strands, work presented through different viewpoints, exercising a mix of skills. In-class-tests, do-at-home packet consisting of instruction, examples, practice exercises with assistance and full solutions to refer to, and more self-driven rich exercises. Application exercises are not predictable and repetitive in order to reduce guesswork; they demand reading and understanding before the questions can be done. A rich variety of learning experiences are presented.
b) Language Features: 1) Vocabulary: Fast-paced word learning, spelling, meaning, sentence writing by emulation and free-writing. Language as it is related to other subjects, and aspects of living is focused.
2) Reading Comprehension: A variety of readings are used. In-depth understanding of reading materials, speed of reading, and different types of reading skills dealt with. Wherever necessary, readings are accompanied by suitable explanations and help, preceding the questions.
3) Composition: A wide variety of writing skills are focused on in this section. Event stories, personal narratives, mystery, review, instructional writing, general stories, fables, persuasive writing, reporting, subject-area writing. Paraphrasing, summaries, main-point, supporting matter, inference, feelings, editing. Output by writing is emphasized in all parts of the course.
4) Grammar: Parts of speech and their use in sentences are primarily emphasized. Their relevance to longer pieces of writing is also dealt with.